Is Your House Easy To Find?
One of the most frustrating things to a firefighter is not being able to find someone when they need help. Seconds count in emergencies. Please make sure you home is marked with your address. If your home sits away from the road please mark the driveway with your address with a sign or other means. It’s not only marking the address and your drive but making sure it can be seen at night. Helpful hints for posting your address:
- Make sure your address is a minimum of 3″ or 4″ numbers on your home. The bigger the better to see them from the road.
- If the numbers are not contrasting to the color of your home, it will be like they’re not there. Make sure you pick the right color to be seen. An example is white on black or black on white.
- Mark your driveway’s with relfective address signs and numbers. If it’s dark we won’t be able to see the address marker unless it is reflective or lighted.
- Mark your house and driveway!
- Remember, the bigger the marking the better.
If you have any questions, please contact the BFD by our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or our offices 417-881-9018.
Help Us Find You!